Chatting has been there ever since Internet made its way into the homes of the people. But, chatting has also evolved over the last two decades. In fact, there have been tremendous advancements in the chatting methods over the past few years. Many chatting and text messaging apps have been introduced. A few of them have become extremely successful too. Some of the chatting apps that are very widely used across the globe are WhatsApp, FB Messenger, Google Hangouts, and not to forget, iMessage.
A cross platform app is the one that can be used on many types of devices including iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Windows Mobile, Windows PC, and Mac computers. All the above messaging apps mentioned above are cross-platform, except iMessage.
iMessage is a native Apple app and can only be used on iOS and OSX devices such as iPhone and Mac. However, it is a great app and many Windows users want to use it too. Also, not everyone has iPhone, but they wish to connect to their friends who have.
Here is how you can get iMessage on PC.
Downloading iMessage on Windows
Is it really possible to use iMessage on your Windows PC or Laptop? Well, officially speaking – no it is not possible. But then, not all the things in the world are official – are they? There is a workaround that allows you to use this incredible Apple app easily on your Windows based computers. All you need is a reliable OSX emulator which can create a Mac OS like environment right on your Windows computer.
Here is how you can do that.
- The very first thing you need, as stated above, is an emulator for OSX. This emulator must be able to run on the Windows OS. Thankfully, there is an emulator and a great one too; it is called iPadian. You can search Google and download the executable and installable file of iPadian from its official website.
- Install iPadian using the downloaded file and launch it.
- You will notice the transformation in the screen which will start to look like a Mac computer screen. You will also be able to see the popular Mac doc at the bottom.
- Now locate the search box and type in iMessage
- Hit Enter key on your keyboard or click on the Search button
- You will see iMessage among the apps. Now you can click on it to install it on your Windows computer
- Once installed it can be found in the iPadian drawer.
- Run the iMessage application on your computer and enjoy chatting with your friends and family.
Features of iMessage
- It is truly a great messaging application and it makes sense to have it on your Windows computer.
- It has a very simple and yet effective design. This makes it very easy to use.
- iMessage is a completely free application.
- You can use this app to share text messages, video messages, pictures, and files.
Deepak Raghav is a distinguished research consultant and writer. He is having vast experience in writing and Digital marketing and now operates his own blog http://myapps4pc.com/ on the regular basis. You can connect with him on Google+.